Since 2013, Greetings, from Queer Mountain has worked to bring queer stories into the spotlight.
Greetings, from Queer Mountain is a multidisciplinary storytelling series that features a diverse collection of work from LGBTQ performers across the country. We seek to provide a platform for queer performers to share their stories and to provide easily accessible shows to all people. For 5 years we've done our best to bring LGBTQ experiences to audiences and to minimize the distance between communities. We know that every single person in the world has an amazing story to tell and often queer stories are hidden from the predominant cultural narratives. Our mission for next 5 years is to expand GFQM into more cities in the US and to develop new programs to help amplify queer voices everywhere. This is the queer agenda in action. We wont be ignored. Greetings, from Queer Mountain.
What We've Achieved
- Produced over 100 LGBTQ storytelling shows in Austin, New Orleans, and New York.
- Brought media attention to emerging queer voices.
- Provided community space from LGBTQ people.
- Partnered with organizations like Housing Works and SAFE to provide important information and raise funds.
- Established a network of queer artists in the south.